This is a paid advertisement by the owner of Bear Cottage.
FOR RENT BY OWNER. 30 NIGHT MINIMUM. DO NOT TRY TO BOOK FOR LESS THAN 30 NIGHTS.
Please contact Bloomer Estates first.
The owner of Bear Cottage takes all responsibility for managing the home, including the contract with the renter, collecting all payments and arranging for cleaning and maintenance. Please contact us before reserving on details.
Bear Cottage ~ A Month at the Beach~ in Sahallee, at the mouth of the Columbia River gorge, high up on the south slope, overlooking the fishing boats leaving Ilwaco and the tumultuous Columbia River bar where Ocean tides ebb and flow into the Columbia River. Cozy inside the cottage, we have binocular views all the way to Cape Blaco the westernmost headland half way down the coast of Oregon.
Guests at Bear Cottage live in nature like a national park. Every day something new to explore. Explore 2 Ilwaco lighthouses overlooking the Columbia River, one manned by the Coast Guard 24/7 guarding an entrance to our continent and assisting all sailors to safety. Observe a Coast Guard on watch continuously looking thru a big monoscope to watch the river action, the on-deck action; sometimes talking to captains attempting to cross the bar.
The Coast Guard Station is right out front occasionally practicing helicopter and ship maneuvers.
Or drive on Long Beach 20 miles to pick-nic, walk in the waves, fish perch or clam dig. Enjoy the Discovery Trail along the dunes or walk around Black Lake where swans land for a few weeks each spring. Choose a different great hiking, biking, walking experience every day. See our Trip Planner for the best restaurants and the top 43 things to do in Long Beach WA.
Just 10 minutes to the beach or to Astoria, Oregon over the Columbia 4 mile bridge. Eagles, herons fly over the house daily and hummingbirds protect their fushia domain in the front yard. Deer, coyotes, rabbits, racoons and bear are interested to see people and might just stop and stare, then walk away. Bear Cottage is in the ILWACO city limits, so like a park, the animals are not afraid of people or aggressive.
Every day something new to explore. Live at Bear Cottage and visit the Maritime Museum in Astoria, Olympic National Forest, the Space Needle in Seattle, Mt. St. Helens Volcano, Seaside, Oregon ~ then drive home for the sunset, the moon and the stars. A new world class visitor center is being built at the southern tip of the Willapa Bay Wildlife Refuge. I’m local and you’ll be in a community of people who are mostly vacationing Washingtonians here to have fun in a relatively undiscovered paradise.
People who work a little at home might be happy with some privacy in either the dining room with a view of far away Bear Mountain to the east / or the Sun Room looking south.
Bear Cottage could be your lucky find, especially if you have a good dog who travels with you. My goal is to welcome a clientele who returns each year, as I improve and keep Bear Cottage as an exclusive rental for many years to come.
1) Queen bed in primary bedroom
2) Queen bed in third bedroom
3) Double for 2 people bed in second bedroom
1) Primary bathroom has shower.
2) Hallway bathroom has shower and tub.
TV • Smart TV 50” in Living Room with Netflex.
• Coffee Bar: coffee maker, coffee grinder.
• Appliances: Microwave, toaster.
• Pots and Pans: stainless steel pots and pans, stainless steel mixing bowls, glass mixing bowl.
• Baking: stainless steel cookie sheets, roasting pan, pie dishes, casserole dishes, measuring cups, measuring spoons
• Utensils: Whisks, spatulas, wooden spoons, ladles, potato peeler, can opener, corkscrew, scissors, ice cream scoop
• Table setting: plates, bowls, water glasses, wine glasses, knives, forks, spoons. • Cutlery: Full set of stainless-steel knives, steak knives
Additional Amenities to List:
1) Binoculars for ship and bird spotting
2) Outdoor seating/dining area. as well as a large porch with 6 chairs